How to use Universal printer from TS2LOG Remote Access server ?

Windows Server 2012R2 is now able to redirect USB to terminal services, not only to virtual machines
nicodep

How to use Universal printer from TS2LOG Remote Access server ?

Post by nicodep »

Hi,
I installed several "RDS like" servers with TS2LOG remote access.
https://ts2log.com/ts2log-remote-access/

This software uses a universal printer driver to print into a pdf locally then send to the local printer, this considerably reduces the volume on the network
Can this function work with WTware ?

Thk
akatik
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Re: How to use Universal printer from TS2LOG Remote Access server ?

Post by akatik »

No.

WTware needs printer driver locally to send PDF to local printer. Linux printer drivers are pain. All printer redirection methods we implemented (printer=, rdp_printer=, usb=, vhusb=) to avoid printer drivers in WTware, leaving them on Windows side.
nicodep

Post by nicodep »

Thk @Akatik

I use Raspberry PI3b with WTware, for eatch shop, i have local Ip printer type HP OfficeJet 6700
i test with printer and rdp_printer
When i want to print text file ==> ok
But when i want to print PDF with photo, the printer start, print a lot and stop

"WTware needs printer driver locally " : you mean to install driver into remote server ?

;)
akatik
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by akatik »

Now, printer driver should be installed on remote server. Printer driver installed on remote server should convert PDF to commands for a specific printer model and send bytes with printer commands by network to WTware. WTware only resends bytes from network to USB.