Concurrent VS Static

Licensing terms. Copyrights. WTware and GPL.
cobash

Concurrent VS Static

Post by cobash »

Hello!

I am trying to figure out what the best type of license to use is.

Are there pros/cons to one or the other?

If you use concurrent and one day the internet is down and the device is rebooted will it cache the license it had for a while or will it say it is not licensed anymore until the internet comes back up?

If I generate a static license for the ethernet port and then decide I want to use the wireless card will the licensing still work?
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Re: Concurrent VS Static

Post by aka »

cobash wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:36 pm If you use concurrent and one day the internet is down and the device is rebooted will it cache the license it had for a while
Concurrent - no. Not cached.

Static - yes, static license is "cached" forever in config file. Internet not needed for static license.

cobash wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:36 pm or will it say it is not licensed anymore until the internet comes back up?
Concurrent will say it is not licensed until the internet comes back up.
cobash wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:36 pm If I generate a static license for the Ethernet port and then decide I want to use the wireless card will the licensing still work?
Static - no. License should be generated for card that works now. Terminal uses only one card and does not run drivers for another.

Concurrent - yes, after few days requires to renew. Or immediately if you have another unused license, and concurrent license generated for Ethernet becomes free after few days without using it.