Audio Device Selection

Requests for the next versions.
effin_dead_again

Audio Device Selection

Post by effin_dead_again »

The current static method of assigning audio devices in the terminal configuration is problematic as sometimes the Linux kernel detects the devices in different order, or sometimes a user will unplug a USB audio device and plug a different one in.

The most ideal and easily implementable solution to this that I can think of is to have the option for the user to select the audio device (by name, as device id's will confuse users) in the softphone panel, give the user the option to select the softphone audio device and the RDP audio device.

Please let me know if you have questions or need clarification.
akatik
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Re: Audio Device Selection

Post by akatik »

effin_dead_again wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:31 pm The current static method of assigning audio devices in the terminal configuration is problematic
Yes, if you think about it. Do not think. Write "sound=on" into config. Reboot, open terminal web interface, press "Beep" for each sound device listed here and copy-paste "sound=some_magic_word" from the line, that beeps, to config.
effin_dead_again wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:31 pm as sometimes the Linux kernel detects the devices in different order
Really? Show me please two logs where the same hardware configuration produces different order.
effin_dead_again wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:31 pm The most ideal and easily implementable solution to this that I can think of is to have the option for the user to select the audio device (by name, as device id's will confuse users) in the softphone panel, give the user the option to select the softphone audio device and the RDP audio device.
Device, selected by user in panel, can work until reboot.