automatic NEW Screen

All about WTware on Raspberry. WTware works with Raspberry Pi 4, Raspberry Pi 3B+, Pi 3 and Pi 2 devices
http://www.winterminal.com
dsm_sas

automatic NEW Screen

Post by dsm_sas »

I made a menu with 4 applications.If I start one it run's directly. Perfect.
But now I want to start a secound screen with another application. That's not working. I have to end the first session and start a new session (connection).I tried with next screen, which works. But I do not want connect automatically to all terminalservers.

Know the question:
Is their a way, that WTware will create automatically a NEW screen by starting an application from menu? So I then can switch to screen 1,2,3,4? (If 4 will be startet) Screen 1 should be allways the MENU.
Because you have only max 4 screens it should be a message on trying opening more the 4 : "max SCREENS ARRIVED" or I can write my own text for thsi message.
akatik
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Re: automatic NEW Screen

Post by akatik »

No way.

All virtual screens configured in config file and created on boot.

You can make a menu with connection and shutdown on every screen so it will not connect automatically:

Code: Select all

connection
displayName Server on the first screen
server 192.168.1.1
connection
application shutdown

next screen
connection
displayName Server on the second screen
server 192.168.1.2
connection
application shutdown
dsm_sas

Post by dsm_sas »

This work. Great.

So then last point to this: Is there a possibility to show the Screen-Nr permanently if there is more then 1 screen declared? Perhaps top of the Menü or left bottom corner or? Because now the user do not know where he is without going everytime to the panel.
akatik
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by akatik »

Numbers are too complicated for some users. We have screen color instead of number:

Code: Select all

background=ff0000,00ff00,3a6ea5,0000ff