Change initrd.wtc online

All about WTware on Raspberry. WTware works with Raspberry Pi 4, Raspberry Pi 3B+, Pi 3 and Pi 2 devices
http://www.winterminal.com
basstscho

Change initrd.wtc online

Post by basstscho »

Hey wtware-community,

we have some Rapsberry-Clients (running 5.6.22). We want to move them to a new server. Unfortunately we have to do a local boot, since the tftp-option for dhcp is already used by another system. So the tftpIP is hard stored on the SD-Card. How can I change this IP without running arround and swap all the SD-Cards with the new settings? I didn't found this option over the webinterface. Is there a way to store it in the config-folder of the client at the old server and while reboot it replaces the one on sd-card with the one on the server? This would be perfect.

Thank you and best regards,
Johannes
akatik
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Re: Change initrd.wtc online

Post by akatik »

No such setting on web-interface. Because it is the easy way to make client, located in remote office, unbootable with wrong setting.

You can edit it on device. Press Del at the very beginning of boot to enter Setup menu.

If you REALLY understand what you are doing, go to "Files in /config folder" in web-interface. Download "initrd.wtc" file. Edit it with notepad on Windows machine. Test it on local client. Then upload "initrd.wtc" file in "Files in /config folder" in web-interface.
basstscho

Post by basstscho »

I have a working initrd.wtc file. But I don't understand: "Then upload "initrd.wtc" file in "Files in /config folder" in web-interface." Where in the web-interface can upload this new and tested file? Could it be, that this option is not available in 5.6.22?
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by aka »

Sorry, I don't remember about 5.6.22. In recent version, here is web-interface. If there is no "Files in /config folder" in the web-interface in 5.6.22, then running around is the only solution. Replace SD or press Del at boot start and configure in Setup.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (37.02 KiB) Viewed 6100 times