Audio by jack and microphone by usb

All about WTware on Raspberry. WTware works with Raspberry Pi 4, Raspberry Pi 3B+, Pi 3 and Pi 2 devices
http://www.winterminal.com
PATOP69

Audio by jack and microphone by usb

Post by PATOP69 »

Hello,
I have raspberryPi4 with VTWARE update V.5.8.88 and I have connected headphone by 3.5 Jack and one microphone via USB. With this VTWARE parameters all work OK:

sound=on, amixer:cset numid=3 1
microphone=on, hw:1:0

If I simple update to VTWARE version great than V.5.8.88 my configuration audio and microphone stop to work !! I have tryed even with the last V.6.0.56 ... the only way for a runnung audio and microphone is come back to V.5.8.88.

Any idea?
akatik
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Re: Audio by jack and microphone by usb

Post by akatik »

In new versions parameter sound changed, by raspberry manufacturers. Amiхer is not working anymore. Please, read new manual: http://wtware.com/docs5/sound.html
PATOP69

Post by PATOP69 »

Hi... I read the manual.... with this parameters :

sound = on, hw:1:0
microphone=on, hw:1:0

after update to VTWARE V.6.0.56 the audio output on the 3,5 Jack of RaspPI4 work fine.... but the USB microphone do not work!!! I reverse back to V.5.8.88 and all device (audio+USBmicrophone) work again.... why? Thank you in advice!
akatik
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by akatik »

Send me terminal log to support@wtware.com
And specify
microphone=on
PATOP69

Post by PATOP69 »

OK mr.akatik..... I have sent the logs. Please let me kno. Thak You.
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by aka »

Please try:

Code: Select all

microphone=on, hw:2:0
PATOP69

Post by PATOP69 »

Hello,
I loaded last version 6.0.62 on raspberry4 and my microphone have again problems. Infact the usb-mic connected to my raspPi4 work on my RDP session only one time (for example with the first CAAL via TEAMS) after it appear full loaded and do not work until I restart the raspPi4 hardware. The configuration that I use is the same that you have specified to me on this post. Please let me know thank you....I'am sure this problem depends on firmware 6.0.xx.. Regards
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by aka »

Please try:

microphone=raw
Or with hardware device, if needed:

microphone=raw, hw:2:0
PATOP69

Post by PATOP69 »

Morning Katerina,
we have set the audio parameters as you stated and now we are update to last firmware 6.0.72 because after some days the raspberry loose the audio on 3,5 Jack ....this problem persist also with last today firmware 6.0.72....the audio work for some days but after 3-4 days that raspberry is operative with RDP the audio signal disappered and we must restart the raspberry to return with the audio again operative.
Please let me know
Thank you
Regards
Alberto