Hifiberry on WTware?

All about WTware on Raspberry. WTware works with Raspberry Pi 4, Raspberry Pi 3B+, Pi 3 and Pi 2 devices
http://www.winterminal.com
jazzldazzl

Hifiberry on WTware?

Post by jazzldazzl »

Dear All,

I have a Hifiberry Digi+ card that works fine on my Rpi4 with raspbian. I can´t see it in the sound test on wtware though, having added dtoverlay=hifiberry-digi to config.txt, which is the necessary step on raspbian and other linux distros in order for the driver to get loaded.
Any ideas?

I should add that I´ve put the dtbo file corresponding to above mentioned driver in the overlays folder (by inserting the wtware sdcard into a windows computer) but this made no difference. Maybe there´s more to be done?
jazzldazzl

Re: Hifiberry on WTware?

Post by jazzldazzl »

Sorry to be a bumper, but did someone have a clue that I can use to make this work?
akatik
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by akatik »

Wtware kernel misses everything we don't expect in thin client. Why do you think wtware for everyone should include driver for this device? USB sound doesn't work?
jazzldazzl

Post by jazzldazzl »

Thanks akatik,

I was actually trying to do this myself to not ask for it as a feature, but just thought there´d be a way for me to implement it on my own. Not too succesful yet though, which is why I´m asking for if there are ways that I can do this.
With regards to you making a release where it´s included, that for me personally is of course the easiest, but I do get why you don´t wanna throw effort into something with a limited audience, though I did however see you adding support for a GPIO-fan when somebody mentioned it.
USB sound works as it should, but I bought the hifiberry so that I could use its optical out to connect it to another raspberry (used for DAW) with an I/O hifiberry, that passes the sound from both through to a 3rd raspberry with libreelec and another hifiberry card, which finally connects to my amplifier.
The last two steps on the way works great, and it makes it possible for me to play midi keyboard connected to one raspberry and hear it on my stereo, while not having to switch things around all the time.
The reason for also having the wtware pi as part of all this, is so that I can listen to audio from Window (on the stereo, via the libreelec rpi)s, like play along or just watch clips. In fact, I use Tuneblade on Windows to forward the sound to the libreelec raspberry, so jamming works fine with this solution. What doesn´t work is watching clips, because with Tuneblade (airplay protocol based), the audio gets delayed bigtime. The hifiberry will solve this problem, as its all wired optically and has very low latency.
So yes, pretty much of a luxury problem, and I could have bought a usb audiocard instead with optical out.
If I purchase a license, would this be a valid feature request?