Dual network connection

All about WTware on Raspberry. WTware works with Raspberry Pi 4, Raspberry Pi 3B+, Pi 3 and Pi 2 devices
http://www.winterminal.com
cwt

Dual network connection

Post by cwt »

Hi 8)

I would like to know if the following scenario is possible:

- WTWARE in RPi 4 (boot from SD card)
- Wifi enabled and connected (connected to subnet 10.0.1.0/24, IP by DHCP)
- LAN enabled and connected to an RDP workstation (subnet 10.0.2.0/24, static IP)

The second subnet has no gateway (isolated network). So I would need the Wifi connection to verify the license file on the RPi. Or is this not necessary?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Cheers

Re: Dual network connection

Post by Guest »

The answer to this question would also be a benefit to my situation.
We have 20+ Raspberry Pi 4 terminals connected through Wifi to a Windows Server 2019 with DHCP. Due to the way our ISP works, we have to use their DHCP server to connect to the internet. In order to have 2 DHCP servers on the network, we want to implement VLAN's. The VLAN would isolate the DHCP servers. Is it possible to have the Wifi connection connect via one VLAN using Ubiquiti Access Points to one DHCP server and the Ethernet connection connect via the other VLAN to the ISP's DHCP server and then using sessions the user can pick to connect to Google Chrome for the internet connection or to the server for the Terminal Server connection. I know this is probably a long stretch, just trying to figure out a solution.
Thanks.
Cobra_Phil

Post by Cobra_Phil »

Any response to this?
Is this possible or being considered; to enable both network interfaces?
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by aka »

Solution for Ethernet with static ip:

1. Configure wtware to work with WiFi.

2. On another machine create file 'runme' without extension with this text:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh
modprobe genet
modprobe lan78xx
modprobe smsc95xx
ifconfig eth1 192.168.2.200 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
It runs drivers for all Raspberry Ethernet and starts network interface. Change 192.168.2.200 and netmask with yours.

3. Put 'runme' into my.zip archive.

4. If Raspberry downloads configs from SD, upload my.zip to /configs folder on SD with terminal web interface or write directly to SD.

If Raspberry downloads configs by network, put my.zip into Everyone folder on TFTP/HTTP.

5. Add to wtware config file:

Code: Select all

extra=my
Also, it may be usefull to add 'telnetd' word to cmdline.txt (add to end of line, cmdline.txt is single line file) file on SD to start internal telnet server in wtware to ping or make other tests from terminal when graphic interface is already started.

Routing is disabled by default, so traffic from Ethernet will never pass to WiFi.
Cobra_Phil

Post by Cobra_Phil »

Great! Thank you for working on this.
I have not had a chance to try this yet because I am away from home for awhile.
I need to get an IP address from a DHCP server on etho, so is the dhclient command available instead of assigning an address using the ifconfig command?
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by aka »

Cobra_Phil wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:17 pm so is the dhclient command available instead of assigning an address using the ifconfig command?
No.