Switch main display and infobox colour

All about WTware on Raspberry. WTware works with Raspberry Pi 4, Raspberry Pi 3B+, Pi 3 and Pi 2 devices
http://www.winterminal.com
maurice-moss

Switch main display and infobox colour

Post by maurice-moss »

Hello

So two questions,

First being is there a way to change the “main screen” when using two displays on a pi 4 ? Some users want the main display to be on the left screen and others on the right. Kinda like how win+ctrl+n switches between virtual displays. I’ve tested with swapping the cables around but would be easier if it can be done in the software/ via a keyboard shortcut

Second question is there a way to change the info box background colour to be the same as the “background” parameter.

Thanks
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Re: Switch main display and infobox colour

Post by aka »

maurice-moss wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:02 am First being is there a way to change the “main screen” when using two displays on a pi 4 ?
Only by switching cables.

On x86 video outputs should be specified in config file to run two displays. This behavior adds some troubles, but also adds flexibility. On pi 4 we detect video outputs automatically and ignore config.
maurice-moss wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:02 am Second question is there a way to change the info box background colour to be the same as the “background” parameter.
Infobox header may be replaced with "popup.png", read skin= description:

https://wtware.com/docs5/config.html#skin
maurice-moss

Post by maurice-moss »

Ah, is there any possibility to add this in the future ? As two screens are the max on a pi 4 so just a button to switch the displays ?

I’ve set the skin popup.png but the background colour of the info box is still blue even though I have set the background colour to a certain colour
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by aka »

Tell me the reason why not to switch cables. Software solutions always add bugs.

About info box color: you want to simply replace blue background with another one?
maurice-moss

Post by maurice-moss »

Looking at implementing this in a call center, users move desks all the time to help different teams, the pi’s would be inaccessible to the users to stop them from being able to break stuff. Would be much easier if they could do a keyboard shortcut or click on a button in the infobox to change which screen is primary.

Yeah pretty much change the blue colour to another colour
LegatusMaximus

Post by LegatusMaximus »

maurice-moss wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:08 pm Looking at implementing this in a call center, users move desks all the time to help different teams, the pi’s would be inaccessible to the users to stop them from being able to break stuff. Would be much easier if they could do a keyboard shortcut or click on a button in the infobox to change which screen is primary.

Yeah pretty much change the blue colour to another colour
- This would be a great feature to be able to swap monitors with a keyboard click or clicking the popup menu.
- Also I would really like to change both popup menu background colour, as well as the "Please, wait" background colour from blue to a different colour.
DaniJD

Post by DaniJD »

Would there be a solution for what was requested by the previous user, regarding this issue?
Last edited by DaniJD on Sat May 15, 2021 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaniJD

Post by DaniJD »

aka wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:27 pm Tell me the reason why not to switch cables. Software solutions always add bugs.

About info box color: you want to simply replace blue background with another one?

Would there be a solution for what was requested by the previous user, regarding this issue?
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by aka »

Infobox header may be replaced with "popup.png", read skin= description:

https://wtware.com/docs5/config.html#skin

Also, look at background= option:

https://wtware.com/docs5/config.html#background