Post Covid- Working From Home

All about WTware on Raspberry. WTware works with Raspberry Pi 4, Raspberry Pi 3B+, Pi 3 and Pi 2 devices
http://www.winterminal.com
maurice-moss

Post Covid- Working From Home

Post by maurice-moss »

Hello

First of all love the product,

With how Covid is affecting how we are currently working I’m looking into the future with how it’s going to change how we work going forward, it seems that more company’s will allow and even encourage working from home, my company included.

My main two caveats with WTWare are that it currently doesn’t support RD Gateways, which would be very useful, that way no VPN tunnels have to be created and no VPN details are on the SD card, just a publicly available url.

My second caveat is how a user would be able to get connected from home, most would connect to there WiFi networks, however in testing I’ve found that most users get stuck with the command line interface of the product. Could a WiFi GUI be created that auto loads up when a network cable or no known networks are available ?
maurice-moss

Re: Post Covid- Working From Home

Post by maurice-moss »

Also another benefit of gateway support is the ability to use 2FA via the Microsoft App on a smart phone - notification pops up to be approved or declined
maurice-moss

Post by maurice-moss »

Is this a possibility? We’ve also looked into the wyse thin clients which can do both of these, but I personally prefer WTware.
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by aka »

It is possible to fix both caveats. Sometimes. Not in the nearest month. Perhaps, in autumn we'll try RD Gateway. About user-friendly wifi configuration ideas needed. WTware setup is like BIOS setup. It's for admins. I have never seen user-friendly BIOS.
maurice-moss

Post by maurice-moss »

That’s great!

For WiFi maybe something like this Wifi Gui . Maybe it could show up after boot when parameter friendlyWiFiconfig is specified in the config file and no known network is available ? Or maybe a WiFi icon in the infobox which when pressed shows if it’s connected/allows user to connect to WiFi network