Wtware on RPi4

All about WTware on Raspberry. WTware works with Raspberry Pi 4, Raspberry Pi 3B+, Pi 3 and Pi 2 devices
http://www.winterminal.com
Fraal

Wtware on RPi4

Post by Fraal »

Hi team,

Just checking if wtware will work with the new Rpi 4 with the 4gb mem option? I’m assuming performance will offer significant RDP improvement with new cpu and more memory!

Please advise if not and we’ll hold off purchasing 60 of them!

Cheers!
Muetzenfrosch

Re: Wtware on RPi4

Post by Muetzenfrosch »

+1 ;)
Vitu

Post by Vitu »

Hi,

same here. Would like to upgrade sales clients for the dual monitor.

Kind regards
akatik
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by akatik »

As soon as we'll get Pi 4 for tests we'll make it work with wtware. With current version dual monitors will not work for sure.
StanSimmons

Post by StanSimmons »

I tried WTWare Version 5.8.58 on a RPi4. As expected, it did not boot.
StanSimmons

Post by StanSimmons »

akatik wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:41 am As soon as we'll get Pi 4 for tests we'll make it work with wtware. With current version dual monitors will not work for sure.
If you have an updated version of the software available, I would be happy to test it on my RPi4B's. I have RPi2B, RPi3B, RPi3B+ and RPi4B (both 1GB and 2GB models) RPi4B PXE booting does not yet work with Raspbian Buster.
akatik
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by akatik »

When we get Pi 4 we will be able to test it.
dyvyak

Post by dyvyak »

+1 for RPI 4
aaronouthier

Post by aaronouthier »

Hello,
@ the wtware developers: Do you have any plans currently to obtain a RPi4? I seem to recall before someone volunteering to send you a Pi 3B or maybe it was a B+? I don’t recall now.

My point is, do you need someone to get one to you, or are you planning on obtaining one yourselves?
aaronouthier

Post by aaronouthier »

If I recall correctly, the person who sent you the Previous model traded it for a license key. I’m not volunteering myself, but if you need volunteers, I’m sure someone will step forward eventually.

Also, just for reference, what would be your requirements for development? 2 GB? 4 GB? Power cord (what country)? Extra SD card? Anything else?

@Everyone else: Any volunteers? Depending on what the developers need, you might be able to negotiate a 2-pack of licenses out of the deal, plus you would have the gratitude of many users. I might possibly be able to do it myself, but I don’t know if it is needed? I would also need to check my finances.
akatik
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by akatik »

Yes, we need it, send me e-mail to license@wtware.com
Muetzenfrosch

Post by Muetzenfrosch »

@aaronouthier I was one of the guys, who had sent a Pi 3b+ to wtware. But it took weeks to reach them. I just contacted them, and asked if I should send a Pi 4. But don't expect that to be quicker. It will again take weeks to reach them and then they can begin to work an a version supporting the Pi 4.
aaronouthier

Post by aaronouthier »

Ok, so I don’t think I’ll be able to get them a Pi 4 any time soon. Too many other things demanding my $$. If anyone is interested in trading them a new 4 GB Raspberry Pi 4 for a WTWare license, let them know.

For what it is worth, they have created a US-based forwarding service that you can ship to and it will redeliver to them quickly and securely. Contact the developers for the address if you are interested. I won’t post the address here, of course - too many darned spam bots!!
akatik
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by akatik »

We've just released 5.8.60 version for Raspberry Pi 4.
It boots and works with dual displays, but not with Chrome yet. Or with Chrome on one display for now.
It's rather hot while working. It would be better to use CPU Cooling Heatsink.
DOESN'T boot by network for now. Raspberry developers promise to fix it.
Muetzenfrosch

Post by Muetzenfrosch »

Wow, good job! Thank you! :-)