5.8.14 on RPi3 Model B+ Questions & Press DEL to Enter Setup

All about WTware on Raspberry. WTware works with Raspberry Pi 4, Raspberry Pi 3B+, Pi 3 and Pi 2 devices
http://www.winterminal.com
Fraal

5.8.14 on RPi3 Model B+ Questions & Press DEL to Enter Setup

Post by Fraal »

Hi team,

Just want to say great work on wtware and really looking forward to deploying this in our College. I have been using wtware since 5.4.90 and so far things are looking great, some questions I have are,

1) The no_setup code for now does not work for removing the 'Press DEL to enter Setup', can this be brought back?
- to confirm i've done it correct its C:\Program Files (x86)\WTware\TFTPDROOT\5.8.14\pi2\localboot\cmdline.txt and the code in the file is
"no_setup dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 quiet wtboot=mmc". No quotes of course.

2) what does 'dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0' in the cmdline.txt do?

3) Have you had any luck with a configuration for redirected sound via the audio jack to limit delay\lag? when viewing youtube videos in a small window I have managed to get it to view loseless video at 30fps and sound is in sync however after 30 seconds it can get out of sync, sometimes there is crackling also.
config is attached as wtware conf.PNG.

4) When using a USB speaker (Dell AC511 USB SoundBar) and redirecting sound it works fine (unsync's after 30 seconds ish) however in starts the session at 100% volume. (Windows 10 Enterprise), you can then turn it down via the volume knob on the speaker but if you reconnect or relogin it's back at 100%. Is this possible to change?

All RPi 3's model B+ are fully licensed.

Cheers,
Damian
Attachments
wtware conf.PNG
wtware conf.PNG (45.22 KiB) Viewed 4392 times
akatik
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Re: 5.8.14 on RPi3 Model B+ Questions & Press DEL to Enter Setup

Post by akatik »

Fraal wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 5:30 am 1) The no_setup code for now does not work for removing the 'Press DEL to enter Setup'
It should work. Edit config.txt on SD card if you boot from SD.
Fraal wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 5:30 am 2) what does 'dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0' in the cmdline.txt do?
Google should know. We copied this magic from Raspbian.
Fraal wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 5:30 am 3) Have you had any luck with a configuration for redirected sound via the audio jack to limit delay\lag?
No.
Fraal wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 5:30 am 4) ...starts the session at 100% volume. (Windows 10 Enterprise), you can then turn it down via the volume knob on the speaker but if you reconnect or relogin it's back at 100%. Is this possible to change?
sound_level = 5
Fraal

Re: 5.8.14 on RPi3 Model B+ Questions & Press DEL to Enter Setup

Post by Fraal »

Hi akatik,

Cheers for the reply, the no_setup worked after I manually deleted the terminal config's for each Pi under C:\ProgramData\WTware\Terminals and re applied new templates.

As a general piece of advice for all users, what I've found with audio redirection for RDS session collections (on Server 2016) is that using USB sound devices like a sound bar work fine for general use but watching movies or youtube clips becomes unsynced as soon as you introduce another sound event (like another movie or just a windows prompt), there is some performance overhead as it uses more CPU to process USB sound data.

Sound over HDMI has the best performance followed by the audio jack, these I can play youtube for several minutes without delay or de sync'd sound.
Sound buffer is at 50, sound_rate is 44100 with sound_control=hw.

akatik, when I select sound_level=50 (assume you mean 50 not 5) it basically sets the max volume at 50%, a new RDP session will connect with Windows sound set at 100% however it's only half the volume. I realise now this is a RDP thing and not much you can do. I have set the volume at 75 and now volume is high but not super loud in class!