NLA Authentication

All about WTware on Raspberry. WTware works with Raspberry Pi 4, Raspberry Pi 3B+, Pi 3 and Pi 2 devices
http://www.winterminal.com
abtest

NLA Authentication

Post by abtest »

Hello

is there a chance of getting NLA working ? As we currently have two terminal servers and it make the users login in twice if the first server has to many sessions active, we are looking at adding another terminal server which means that they would potentially have to login three times.

NLA fixes that issue by transferring the login to the other servers.
abtest

Re: NLA Authentication

Post by abtest »

Sorry i've been playing around with the loadballance option and seem to have gotten it to work!
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by aka »

abtest

Post by abtest »

i've just tried to login with the load balance option specified and its still making me log into the first server and then the second one. When looking at the Microsoft Rdp file in notepad the server that it connects to is the broker server which then somehow forwards the connection to the correct terminal server. There is a parameter in the Microsoft Rdp file called: use redirection server name:i:1 may have something to do with it.
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by aka »

abtest

Post by abtest »

Log file sent to support@wtware.com
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by aka »

There are no "ask_password=on" in this log.
abtest

Post by abtest »

with that on, when the password expires after a set amount of days it cant be changed when the user tries to log in.
akatik
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by akatik »

abtest wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:07 pm with that on, when the password expires after a set amount of days it cant be changed
It should be configured somewhere in windows. Here we talk about the same issue:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=48316

On my freshly installed server, user can change expired password with "ask_password=on".
geefox

Post by geefox »

abtest wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:07 pm with that on, when the password expires after a set amount of days it cant be changed when the user tries to log in.
hi, do you have the same or an similar behaviour regarding a password which is expired?