TimeZone missmatch in Microsoft Axapta 2009

All about WTware on Raspberry. WTware works with Raspberry Pi 4, Raspberry Pi 3B+, Pi 3 and Pi 2 devices
http://www.winterminal.com
geefox

TimeZone missmatch in Microsoft Axapta 2009

Post by geefox »

Hello,

due to our testings we encountered a strange problem. The timezone on the raspberry is set to W. Europe Standard Time, and the timezone redirection from the terminal server is enabled. (several countries uses same terminal server)

In one of our program which is called Microsoft Axapta 2009 there is a problem with a timezone missmatch.
Is it possible to rename the W. Europe Standard Time to "(GMT+01:00)Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rom, Stockholm, Wien" without the quotes ""

I've attached 2 screenshots, the first one displays the error message, and the second one the timezone information. As you can see in the first dropdown, the W. Europe Standard Time is set, but I think I need this one: (GMT+01:00)Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rom, Stockholm, Wien

best regards,
thomas
Attachments
2.png
2.png (19.22 KiB) Viewed 6848 times
1.png
1.png (25.67 KiB) Viewed 6848 times
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Re: TimeZone missmatch in Microsoft Axapta 2009

Post by aka »

geefox wrote:Is it possible to rename the W. Europe Standard Time to "(GMT+01:00)Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rom, Stockholm, Wien" without the quotes ""
Documentation https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc248614.aspx says:
this field could contain the string "Pacific Standard Time" to indicate Pacific Standard Time
"Pacific Standard Time", not "(UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)". "Pacific Standard Time" is a standart, second form is a comment for human readability. And "Rom", "Wien". Even if we put human-readable form, we put it in English. "Rome", "Vienna".

Show me wtware log of the session where you got such issue: https://wtware.com/logs.html

And make the same screenshot in mstsc.exe on same server with this timezone where it works right.
geefox

Post by geefox »

Hello,

I've attached you the logfile from the raspberry pi and also an screenshot via mstsc

thank you
Attachments
log.zip
(48.95 KiB) Downloaded 330 times
Image.JPG
Image.JPG (39.95 KiB) Viewed 6835 times
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by aka »

Zone names are different on your screenshot. "(UTC" is the first and "(GMT" is the second. So it's not just string comparison. Valuable difference is somewhere deeper.

Update wtware to 5.6.20. And show me please this screenshot from wtware:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (30.31 KiB) Viewed 6833 times
And from mstsc.exe on the same server, if it s different in mstsc.
geefox

Post by geefox »

hello,

updated wtware to 5.6.21 and this is the screenshot from date and time. in mstsc there is no difference
Attachments
screen.PNG
screen.PNG (63.71 KiB) Viewed 6824 times
akatik
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by akatik »

"Vienna" on my screen. "Viena" on your screen in system "Date and Time" window. "Wien" in Axapta. I'm completely confused and have no more ideas.
geefox

Post by geefox »

The screen with "Viena" is taken from the same terminal server, but with romanian language. We have configured gpo that way, that we dont redirect timezone from client, if language is germany, so we dont run into this problem with microsoft axapta.

so basically this "Viena" (romania language) is "Vienna" in english and "Wien" in german language.

The server on which axapta is installed is in german language, and the clients (terminal servers) are multilanguage