Mouse Scroll problem

All about WTware on Raspberry. WTware works with Raspberry Pi 4, Raspberry Pi 3B+, Pi 3 and Pi 2 devices
http://www.winterminal.com
brunoadr

Mouse Scroll problem

Post by brunoadr »

Apparently the scroll isn't working when I log in a freeRDP session on linux. It works fine on Windows session, but not on Linux. I don´t see any errors in the logs, so I guess this may not be related to WTware.

Anyone seeing this behavior on linux as well?
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Re: Mouse Scroll problem

Post by aka »

I understand nothing. What is "scroll"? You press down arrow key on the keyboard, or you drag scroller by mouse?
P.S.: there is no freeRDP in WTware.
brunoadr

Post by brunoadr »

Hey aka, lets try again

Scroll is the tiny wheel on the mouse, that lets you, well, scroll up and down items, webpages, etc...

FreeRDP is what supports remote connections on Linux, and WTware is able to make rdp connection to it, that is working.
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by aka »

Mouse wheel does not work?
Please, try the cheapest mouse.
With two buttons and one wheel, nothing more.
Doesn't it scroll too?
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by aka »

Some windows applications (wtware configurator too :( ) handle scroll incorrectly. Try scroll in Windows Explorer, in a folder containing a lot of files.
brunoadr

Post by brunoadr »

aka, I tried with two other mouses, different brands, same results.

Anyway, I dont think this is really important, my only hope was that was something easy to fix, but dont waste your time with that aka.

Thanks anyways!
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by aka »

We sometimes receive messages about nonworking wheel scroll. None of them were fixed :( On our stands, wheel scroll always works.
brunoadr

Post by brunoadr »

hey aka!

I bumped this thread because I find myself trying wtware connecting to a ubuntu server 16 running xrdp. Everything works as it should, but the scroll wheel in my mouse still doesn't.

If I change the same pi to a server that runs Windows Server, the scroll wheel works just fine. Is this a xrdp limitation?

I did the test using 5.4.88

Also, following this article - http://c-nergy.be/blog/?p=9433