When do I need a license?

All about WTware on Raspberry. WTware works with Raspberry Pi 4, Raspberry Pi 3B+, Pi 3 and Pi 2 devices
http://www.winterminal.com
greavette

When do I need a license?

Post by greavette »

Hello,

As I understand it there is no license required to use wtware on a raspberry pi. But when I installed the wtware center it picked up more than just my raspberry pi.

At what point will I need to buy licenses to use wtware? If my plan is only to use a Raspberry Pi to connect over RDP (3389) to a windows computer, will there be certain things I cannot do from the Pi unless I buy a license?

And conversely..when do I need to buy a license from wtware? Is it only for connecting non Raspberry Pi's using the wtware center?

Thank you.
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Re: When do I need a license?

Post by aka »

greavette wrote: As I understand it there is no license required to use wtware on a raspberry pi. But when I installed the wtware center it picked up more than just my raspberry pi.
It just shows all computers, that wtware center receives requests from. If you don't use Wtware on them, you can hide them from list.
greavette wrote:At what point will I need to buy licenses to use wtware? If my plan is only to use a Raspberry Pi to connect over RDP (3389) to a windows computer, will there be certain things I cannot do from the Pi unless I buy a license?
At no point, Wtware on raspberry Pi goes without license at all. There are some features not included (for now or intentionally, like Chrome - it's too large) into WTware for Pi distributive, but no WTware license needed anyway to use Pi as thin client.
greavette wrote:And conversely..when do I need to buy a license from wtware? Is it only for connecting non Raspberry Pi's using the wtware center?
WTware licenses are needeв for connecting x86 computers to Windows Terminal Server.