View/interact client's screen

All about WTware on Raspberry. WTware works with Raspberry Pi 4, Raspberry Pi 3B+, Pi 3 and Pi 2 devices
http://www.winterminal.com
hbbst

View/interact client's screen

Post by hbbst »

Hi Aka,
I'm contnuously testing your software day by day on RPI 2 and it works great. But there is a few thing, I didn't find solution for it. In WTware Center there is an opton in Terminals configuration -> select a client -> Screens. So what should I look here or how does it work? I think I should see the screen of the client but it shows nothing.
Other what I don't understand. When I try to restart the terminal from the right click popup menu, I get a message "Failed to determine terminal IP, perhaps terminal is not working in network now."
But when I check the log of the terminal, I see it gets IP from DHCP so the WTware Center should know the client's IP.
I use currently 5.4.22 release.
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Re: View/interact client's screen

Post by aka »

In WTware Center there is an opton in Terminals configuration -> select a client -> Screens. So what should I look here or how does it work? I think I should see the screen of the client but it shows nothing.
In Wtware you can use up to 4 simultaneous connections to terminal servers. They are shown on different screens, you can between switch them using arrows on keyboard.
For more details you can read at http://wtware.com/docs5/configurator.html#screens
In Wtcenter you can to configure what to show on terminal screen.
Other what I don't understand. When I try to restart the terminal from the right click popup menu, I get a message "Failed to determine terminal IP, perhaps terminal is not working in network now."
But when I check the log of the terminal, I see it gets IP from DHCP so the WTware Center should know the client's IP.
I use currently 5.4.22 release.
Are you using WTDHCP server?

On this tab:
dhcp.png
dhcp.png (69.14 KiB) Viewed 3475 times
do you see terminal IP?
If not, set it manually, as you know it.

Please show me terminal log after you pressed Restart button.