Raspberry Pi 3

All about WTware on Raspberry. WTware works with Raspberry Pi 4, Raspberry Pi 3B+, Pi 3 and Pi 2 devices
http://www.winterminal.com
jpxdude

Raspberry Pi 3

Post by jpxdude »

Hi there!

Firstly, I'd like to congratulate you on this software, which works fantastic on a Raspberry Pi 2. I am really impressed! :D

As I'm sure you're aware, the Raspberry Pi 3 was just released at the start of this week, so I was wondering firstly if your current release would work on it, and secondly, if there would be an update to take advantage of the improvements offered by the Pi 3? I am excited to see the possibilities of a great RDP solution working on these new Raspberry Pi's :)

Thanks again!

-J
jpxdude

Re: Raspberry Pi 3

Post by jpxdude »

Just to update...

The software definitely doesn't work on a Raspberry Pi 3 :(

Is it possible for me to update the software myself to work with the Raspberry Pi 3, or is there active development on a new version that will support this model, along with it's integrated WiFi module?

I look forward to a response to this soon, and wish you all the very best of luck!

Kind regards,

-J
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by aka »

We'll fix it ASAP we'll get Pi 3. I don't think it will happened this month :(

Post by Guest »

Hi Aka!

Thanks for the response. I appreciate that this will be looked into, and hope it gets fixed ASAP! I wish there was something I could do to help speed up a fix.

I can safely say that this is the best RDP client implementation currently available for the Raspberry Pi 2. I'm considering making a video to demonstrate the fact on YouTube soon, as it is so very good!

I look forward to an RPi 3 version soon :) thanks so much!

-J
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by aka »

Thank you. Your video is a great idea. Show it to us when you'll have it.
Pi 3 is on it's way to us :)
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by aka »

Please, put all files from that archive on SD:

http://pxe.ru/files/testing/201603072141.zip

And run RPi 3. Will it print something on the screen?
jpxdude

Post by jpxdude »

Hi Aka!

Apologies for the late reply! I'll try this now and let you know if a moment. Thank you so much!

-J
jpxdude

Post by jpxdude »

Hi Aka!

I've just run a quick test, and it boots up and works!! Hurrah! :D

At the moment, it only appears to be working through the Ethernet connection only though. If I attempt to connect via the WiFi that it built into the Raspberry Pi 3, I get the following error:

Seeing as there is now only one particular WiFi model used in all new Raspberry Pi 3's, I hope there is a fix for the WiFi soon :) Otherwise, I'm very happy and glad that it is at a stage where it is working! Well done for sorting this out, I'm very grateful! I will let you know when I am able to make a video, and if you would like me to do any more testing, please do let me know. Take care!

-J
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by aka »

Sorry, WiFi will be only after we receive our Pi 3. Pi 2 has ethernet on USB instead of PCI. OK, we can deal with it. PI 3 has WiFi on GPIO instead of USB. It's so ... nontrivial.
jpxdude

Post by jpxdude »

Hi Aka!

Thanks for that. I can work/test with ethernet for now :) This is working pretty much the same as it did for the Pi 2, which is great.

I look forward to the WiFi working at some point. I wish you the very best of luck! :D

-J
brunoadr

Post by brunoadr »

This is great! as noted previously in this topic, I'm also using WTware + Pi2 here and it works really great.

Bought myself a Pi 3, I'm waiting for it to arrive and will begin the tests with the firmware posted by Aka.
hbbst

Post by hbbst »

Hi Aka!
I plan to buy some Raspberry Pi in April. But I would like to buy the new, 3rd edition.
What do you think? When will you release the official os?
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by aka »

In April. Sorry, not sure about the date.
hbbst

Post by hbbst »

Offtopic...
And what about Banana pi? Did you test it and if yes, which version did you test?
Buying Banana is better, you get higher performance for the same money... :-)
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by aka »

No. We already played with Rockchips. No more processors without good supported Linux kernels. Now the only one good Linux kernel is in Raspberry.