When swapping monitors from CRT's to LCD's system wont boot

Problems with video cards. Screen frequency refresh. Terminal speed.
mlgreene

When swapping monitors from CRT's to LCD's system wont boot

Post by mlgreene »

We are running WTware on some DELL GX 260's due to incompatibility with the internal Intel 1000 MT card we were forced to downgrade WTware to version 4.3.88. I was able to get the network and video to function properly using the i810(X) setting running up to 1024x768 and 32BPP which shows 24Bit on the running session. one I finished the configuration and created the build disk I found that when the monitor was changed to a DELL E193FPp "a 19" flat panel" the configuration would not run unless I changed the driver to the generic VESA(S) running at 800x600 8BPP MAX.

For testing we switch between the DELL flat panel and some older Dell CRT's and only the CRT monitors would work. When the configuration was originally created it was done on a Xerox 17" Flat Panel.

I took a machine that booted to a CRT and then attached it to the LCD and it worked but I am unable to boot the system while attached to the DELL LCD.

I also tried to set the refresh to 60 and 75 no diffrence.

We are all amazed to see this was the problem when it was determined the monitor was incompatible with the install.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to go from here?

Thanks,
Mike
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by aka »

What do you mean by unable to boot the system? What error it returnes?
mlgreene

Post by mlgreene »

When the system tries to boot the screen go black and never comes back up it just hangs there in mid boot if I CTR-ALT-DEL it will restart which it would not let me do if it had actually booted. When I swapped the monitor to a CRT with no configuration changes and restarted the system it finished the boot process and I was then able to move to the LCD Monitor once the boot process completed.

Mike
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Re: When swapping monitors from CRT's to LCD's system wont boot

Post by aka »

Please, try to specify in config file:
noddc=on