mirrored displays with Radeon(f) driver

Problems with video cards. Screen frequency refresh. Terminal speed.
jzholzer

mirrored displays with Radeon(f) driver

Post by jzholzer »

I have a pc with two video outputs. I need to mirror a remote desktop session to both monitors. I can only get this to work with a virtual desktop on each monitor (extended mode in windows terms), not mirrored. Only specifying the video driver with no other parameters does not work; only one video output comes on when i do that. I see both monitors mirrored when it boots and in setup mode, but it seems impossible to mirror the displays once WTware starts up and connects to the terminal server. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
jzholzer

Re: mirrored displays with Radeon(f) driver

Post by jzholzer »

Well, kind of answered my own question so i thought I'd share my experience. If I don't specify a driver at all and don't specify a resolution, it seems to mirror both displays. It definitely doesn't look great but I'm building signage that sits 10 meters up in the air so you'll probably never see that it's fuzzy. I sure wish there was a way to tell WTware to use the proper video driver and mirror the displays. Maybe I can do something on the server side to disable extended displays. M2_position=mirrored doesn't work by the way :)
akatik
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Re: mirrored displays with Radeon(f) driver

Post by akatik »

Displays usually are mirrored with video=...(U) drivers without any configuration. We do nothing for this, it's X.org behavior.