Issues connecting to Vista

Topics that doesn't fall into the categories above
paul thomas

Issues connecting to Vista

Post by paul thomas »

I have a couple of issues connecting to Vista. I have the screen set to 1400*900

1 - The mouse movement is very jerky, this does not happen when connected to an XP machine. The problem occurs connecting to both a virtual & real machine.

2 - When you disconnect from the vsta machine, an error box appers saying "connection rejected by server error code 0000007 error text teh server denied the connection" clicking ok then takes you back to the main wtware menu screen

Hope thes can be fixed.
Thanks
Paul
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by aka »

1. Try to add "mouse_accel_mult=2" to terminal config file. What virtual machine are you using?
2. You are making terminal server from Vista? One connection instead of console is not very usefull, so we still didn't test WTware with vista...
paul thomas

Post by paul thomas »

I've tried the mouse setting, and it doesn't help.
I'm using VMware server beta 2 for my virtualisation. Connections to XP are fine, but Vista to both a physical & virtual machine exhibit the same problems.

I understand your thoughts on connecting to vista with only one connection not being too useful, however using virtualisation, you could have multiple vista virtual machines running on one server. VMware even have a desk top virtualisation product (VDI - Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) this can have advantages over using terminal services. They have a paper on this. So commercially I think there could be interest in this.