Failed to save licenses

Topics that doesn't fall into the categories above
BitBuilder27

Failed to save licenses

Post by BitBuilder27 »

I am getting the error "Failed to save licenses." when attempting to copy/paste licensing text. However, if I switch back to the terminals tab, the terminals do show that they are licensed.

I also get an error when trying to edit a template: "Failed to save file all. Make sure you have enough access rights." Funny thing though is that it does actually save the file.

I'm not actually sure where this stuff is being saved, but I've check permissions in %programdata% as well as the tftp server root and all seems ok. I did a standard install of wtware and accepted the defaults with the exception that I did not choose to install the dhcp server.

The WTWare version is 6.0.10 and is running on Windows Server 2019 Standard edition.

Any clues what's going on?
BitBuilder27

Re: Failed to save licenses

Post by BitBuilder27 »

Actually after restarting Configurator, the changes have NOT been saved.
BitBuilder27

Post by BitBuilder27 »

Nevermind, even though I'm logged in as administrator I must still choose to run Configurator as administrator. If I do that all is good.
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by aka »

Licenses are stored in:

Code: Select all

C:\ProgramData\WTware\Everyone\wtware.lic 
It's a text file. Try to edit it with Notepad (right click in Explorer, Open with). Have you enough permissions to save it without running Notepad as Administrator?

Try to remove this file. You can get all your licenses in a single 'wtware.lic' file from licensing server.