network applications access

Topics that doesn't fall into the categories above
jlalvarezmedina

network applications access

Post by jlalvarezmedina »

The problem is: just one terminal can use the application at the same time. Even the server is rejected (with administrator privileges) when a single terminal is already connected. I never had this problem of 'exclusive access' before (without terminal server and WTWare, on a common network environment). Anyone can help me? thanks a lot
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by aka »

What is the program? Maybe it requires licenses for each connected terminal. Ask the program authors why you can access it in the terminal mode.
jlalvarezmedina

Post by jlalvarezmedina »

The application is a management system developed in Visual Fox Pro 5...the error seems to be an 'exclusive access' problem when more than one user try to access some tables (the program starts, but in some sections when another user is already there, I get an "access denied"error).

The thing is...when the network is deployed with NT4 clients and 2K3 server...everithing is fine accesing the same files (just FoxPro is launched locally at the client...the DB files are all the same, located at the server)

So, if we can't make it work, can't migrate the network (almost 200 terminals). We don't have the source of the application, and it's very complex to reprogram. Any ideas? Thanks in advantage
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by aka »

Fox Pro files are on 2k3 server, not on samba? The we have no real ideas what to do. Try to contact your program authors, may be there are some special features in Fox Pro.