OpenVPN Configuration

Topics that doesn't fall into the categories above
aj777

OpenVPN Configuration

Post by aj777 »

Hi
I am trying to connect to my OpenVPN server by configuring via the WTWare console.
When I connect it asks for the 3x certificate files. But my OpenVPN server only gives 1x inline configuration file.
If I use that 1x inline configuration file and save as openvpn.cfg OpenVPN directly to disk, connection works.

But if I browse to USB from WTWare and add the 3x certificate files, it never connects to OpenVPN.

What am I doing wrong? How can I easily configure OpenVPN via WTWare console?

Thank you
AJ
aj777

Re: OpenVPN Configuration

Post by aj777 »

I have managed to add the config file via the web interface by going to "Files in /config folder" and uploading the file.
However, my issue is that it assumes the device is already connected to your network.
I need to be able to send the config file to someone in remote location, that is not on the VPN yet, then they must upload the file to the device maybe via USB.
Currently they will need to remove the SDCard and put it in another PC, then copy the file to the SDCard, then re-insert into the Raspberry Pi.
My Raspberry Pi is in a Argon1 M.2 case, which means the will need to unscrew the covers to get access to the SDCard. I cannot expect that from an end user.

I need to upload that single file from the WTWare console.
Instead of asking for the 3x certificate files, it would be great if it can ask for the openvpn.cfg config file instead, or give an option to load the 3x files or the config file only.
akatik
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Re: OpenVPN Configuration

Post by akatik »

aj777 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:07 pm I need to upload that single file from the WTWare console.
Please try recent wtware version. It should ask for single openvpn.cfg file.