Connects to 2012 R2 as a Temporary Profile

Topics about terminal servers that doesn't fall into other categories.
SimonJ

Connects to 2012 R2 as a Temporary Profile

Post by SimonJ »

Hi,
I am testing WTWare ver. 5.8.20 using HP Thin Clients.

My template has ask_password = ON so that users don't have to put their password in twice. While this works, it always comes up as having loaded a Temporary Profile in their RDP session.

Change ask_password to Off and their session loads correctly (but they have entered in their password twice).

I have added loadbalanceinfo = tsv://MS Terminal Services Plugin.1.MyFarmCollectionName but still the same result.
I have added the IP address of the other Servers in the Farm in Server parameter but I suppose this is only for redundancy if a particular server was down.

I have the log file from the thin client... do I need to take out sensitive information before attaching it?

Simon J
akatik
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Re: Connects to 2012 R2 as a Temporary Profile

Post by akatik »

https://wtware.com/docs5/logs.html
Send log to support@wtware.com if you think there is sensitive information.
SimonJ

Post by SimonJ »

I attached the full log file and emailed it to support@wtware.com on the 28th June.
I would appreciate you checking it out.
Thanks,
Simon
SimonJ

Post by SimonJ »

This issue has stopped happening. Nothing was changed, perhaps it is due to an update in versions or Windows Update from Microsoft.

Simon J
it@jzflowers

Post by it@jzflowers »

Hello Simon, could you share your config file info? (Excluding any personal info of course) I’m repeatedly getting temp profile on a device and I need to try to see if it’s something I’ve missed