Unable save terminal config file

WTware network boot ways - bootable floppy, DOS, PXE-loaders, BootROM chips.
xmaximox

Unable save terminal config file

Post by xmaximox »

Hi to all and sorry for my english,

i have tried for many time wtware 4.6.8 installed on Wxp Pro workstation and with terminal boot via cdrom. All work fine and fast. I can connect to my RDP server without any problem.

In my new test scenario i have:
Windows 2003 R2 with Microsoft DHCP server
Wtware 5.01 installed on this server with all default value (dir, connection server, etc) except that i have not installed builtin DHCP.

I would boot via PXE
In DHCP i have make a reservation for test client and i have set only 067 parameter with value 5.0.1\wtware.pxe

Workstation start, receive configuration file from tftp server and show me an alert that say that configuration file not exist. I run without any problem the wizard, complete successfully the configuration, press F10 to save config file and connect to my rdp server. All work fine.

Here the problem!
When i restart my workstation, wtware wizard restart because not found any configuration file...

If i look in server terminals dir, i found dir named with mac address but i can't find any configuration file inside it.

Where my mistake?

I hope to be clear in my explanation.

Thanks in advanced for any help.

Kind regards.

Massimo
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Re: Unable save terminal config file

Post by aka »

unauthorized wtware wizard has no rights to modify files on termianl server.
after you connect to rdp server and log in as administrator run start - wtware - configurator. it will prompt you to save config file
xmaximox

Post by xmaximox »

Hi aka and thanks for your reply,

sorry, but what you mean with "unauthorized wtware wizard ". Is possible to authorize the wizard?
after you connect to rdp server and log in as administrator run start - wtware - configurator. it will prompt you to save config file
I make connection with RDP server different from that where is installed Wtware software.

Please, can you clarify this points?

Thanks in advanced.

Kind regards.

Massimo.
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by aka »

xmaximox wrote:Hi aka and thanks for your reply,

sorry, but what you mean with "unauthorized wtware wizard ". Is possible to authorize the wizard?
WTware is always unauthorized. You should log into windows to get rights
to change windows files.
after you connect to rdp server and log in as administrator run start - wtware - configurator. it will prompt you to save config file.

I make connection with RDP server different from that where is installed Wtware software.
It's sad :)