parserd.cpp error on startup

WTware network boot ways - bootable floppy, DOS, PXE-loaders, BootROM chips.
HGRIM

parserd.cpp error on startup

Post by HGRIM »

Hi. Everytime I try to configure a USB jumpdrive with WTware Lite, either 4.4.5 or 4.5.24, I get the following error at startup:

INTERNAL ERROR
File: parserd.cpp
Line: 1556
Function: mountBootMedia

I see another post on the forums for this error but a resolution was not provided. I have tried 4 different USB drives. Oh, if I configure the same USB jumpdrive with WTware PRO 4.5.42, the error does not come up. I need to use the Lite version to help troubleshoot an issue we are having with the PRO version. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Re: parserd.cpp error on startup

Post by aka »

WTware lite designed for old hardware. Wtware lite 4.4.x and 4.5.x is built on 2.4.x old Linux kernel. So new usb controllers and new flash-disks are often not supported.
Only WTware pro 4.5.x is built on new Linux kernel, and thus understands modern hardware better.
HGRIM

Post by HGRIM »

Ok. Do you know if there are plans to update WTware Lite with the new Linux kernel? I'm asking b/c we are running into a cursor issue in WTware PRO where in WTware Lite, the problem doesn't exist. A certain application we use in our company changes the mouse cursor when the left mouse button is held down. In WTware PRO, the cursor changes to a square, black box where in WTware Lite, it changes to the correct cursor(the standard mouse pointer with a shadow). Very strange but annoying enough that it prevents users who use this application from doing their job. If anybody has any suggestions on this, I would be more than willing to try. Thanks!
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by aka »

Sorry, we have no plans on WTware lite.
If you create and send us terminal log (http://wtware.com/docs/config.html#syslog) for WTware PRO 4.5.42, we'll try to fix your problem with cursor.
HGRIM

Post by HGRIM »

I sent an email to support@wtware.com with the terminal log. I believe the error with the cursor is logged at the bottom of the file. Let me know if you need me to try or send you anything else. Thanks for you help! I really appreciate it!
HGRIM

Post by HGRIM »

I installed WTware PRO 4.5.43 on my PC and configured a USB drive to boot. I then started our Thin Client and replicated the cursor error with the syslog being generated. I emailed Katerina the full log file as well as a log file of just the cursor error. Let me know if there is anything else. Thanks!
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by aka »

Received your log. Will contact you as soon as possible.