RPi3 Terminal losing connection

All about WTware on Raspberry. WTware works with Raspberry Pi 4, Raspberry Pi 3B+, Pi 3 and Pi 2 devices
http://www.winterminal.com
DaneV

RPi3 Terminal losing connection

Post by DaneV »

Hello,
First of all thank you for creating this great project on the RPi. I have tried several thin-client solutions, but WTware really stands out in terms of performance and simple configuration.

I do have a problem with my setup however. I have a RPi3 connected (via WiFi) to a 2k8 terminal server. When I boot the terminal, it connects fine and works as expected. But after a certain period, the terminal loses connection and throws the "Connection Rejected" error message when I try to reconnect. When this happens, I am unable to ping the terminal or reach it`s webinterface to view the logs. So I have the feeling something might be wrong with the wifi driver.

- The terminal server keeps working fine. It never disconnects clients using mstsc
- The RPi board is fine, works perfectly with other SW
- I`m having the same problem with 5.4.84 and 5.4.82
- Wifi reception is fine

Can you tell me what might be wrong ? If you need the log files, please let me know how I can reach them when the terminal is unreachable via net. The support page tells me I should run a command from the console but I don`t know how to bring the console up when I only see this error message.
akatik
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Re: RPi3 Terminal losing connection

Post by akatik »

There's no way to take log if terminal already is in graphic and network connection is lost.
Reboot terminal.
On server, run Configurator, choose RPi in list, "Logs" tab, and press "to get log..." button.
Do not close Configurator.
Wait until RPi will loose connection and show a log.
Perhaps, RPi writes something just before it looses connection. If no it will be difficult to debug.
vincny

Post by vincny »

Hi DaneV,

What authentication method you use for your wifi?
I have the same issue using WPA2 Enterprise. What I observe is there are re-authentication for Enterprise WPA2 wifi connection the frequency will depend on your WLC and Authentication server setting. When reauthentication occur sometime the wifi lost it connection.
Try use WPA2 PSK it should work better as there isn't re-authentication require.

Thanks,
Ken

Post by Guest »

Hi DaneV,

Did you try? Does it work?

Thanks,
Ken
DaneV

Post by DaneV »

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately the client does not send any logs before disconnecting.
I`m actually using an open network without encryption in this test setup, using a EAP350 access point.

Any ideas ?
akatik
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by akatik »

Please try this build:

http://pxe.ru/files/testing/201704071625.zip

Add to config file:
disk=usb
Do not attach usb disks before disconnecting.
After disconnecting, connect small empty USB flash stick formatted with fat or fat32 to raspberry.
Wait for a minute.
Extract stick.
Three .log files should appear. Send them to me at support@wtware.com