Wireless power management

All about WTware on Raspberry. WTware works with Raspberry Pi 4, Raspberry Pi 3B+, Pi 3 and Pi 2 devices
http://www.winterminal.com
semaj

Wireless power management

Post by semaj »

I have noticed that my Raspberry Pi 3 drops the connection to the RDS host server every 30 minutes, if there is no mouse/keyboard activity. I have the idle session limit, timeout settings on the RDS host server (Windows server 2012 R2), configured to "never". I have read about the power management "on" setting potentially affecting the wireless connections on the Raspberry Pi 3's. I have found a way to disable via simple script; however, there doesn't appear to be a way to make the change to the necessary files, via wtware (even from the command line). Is there a way to make said change from within wtware running on Rapsberry Pi?
J1mbo

Re: Wireless power management

Post by J1mbo »

It has been covered before: http://forum.wtware.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 610#p75610

Is this still a problem on 5.4.4? As with underlying kernel, it is now disabled by default.
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by aka »

Connect Raspberry with ethernet. Log in and wait. Will you got the same disconnect over ethernet connection?
semaj

Post by semaj »

AKA, I am testing you suggestion and so far, the ethernet connection to the RDS host has been up for over an hour without dropping the connection (without any mouse/keyboard activity).
semaj

Post by semaj »

Actually going on three hours now, on ethernet, without any drop off of connection (without any mouse/keyboard activity). Also, our wifi is stable within our facility, and we don't have any timeout settings on wifi connections. My only guess is that it could be the wireless power management setting as "on", as I have been reading about.
vincny

Post by vincny »

Hi Semaj,

Did you manage to overcome the issue?

Thanks,
Ken