Raspberry Pi 3

All about WTware on Raspberry. WTware works with Raspberry Pi 4, Raspberry Pi 3B+, Pi 3 and Pi 2 devices
http://www.winterminal.com
lctronico

Re: Raspberry Pi 3

Post by lctronico »

Hi,

I wonder if I can use up to 5 Pi and get them connected to the same server without kick the others out.
Kind of terminal services but having no problems with microsoft licences.

Please let me know.

Thanks.
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by aka »

I wonder if I can use up to 5 Pi and get them connected to the same server without kick the others out.
Please, tell me in more words what do you mean by this. What is the difference between your wish and terminal services?
hbbst

Post by hbbst »

Hi Aka,

please calm me down. :)
If I buy Raspberry 3, will you release a working version in this month? Wifi driver is not necessary, I will use only LAN.
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by aka »

We will. And jpxdude выше писал "This is working pretty much the same as it did for the Pi 2, which is great." So it already should work.
hbbst

Post by hbbst »

Hi Aka,

I have Pi2 and Pi3 in network. When you release the new firmware I hope both of them can boot from network (from the same TFTP) so your firmware will recognise the hardware. :?
hbbst

Post by hbbst »

Hi Aka,
please say something, I haven't heard about you for "ages" :-) Did you find the solution for Pi3? Thanks!
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by aka »

Yeeeees. Version with network boot for PI3 well be very soon.
Thitiphan

Post by Thitiphan »

Hi AKA , Can you tell me, if version 5.4.26 support PI3.
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by aka »

Yes!
OrdH

Post by OrdH »

Hi guys,

thanks for the quick implementation efforts to Raspberry Pi 3.

Is the Version 5.4.26, April 24, 2016 working on RPI3 now? I couldn't find anything on the website.

Thanks in advance.
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by aka »

The version 5.4.26, April 24, 2016 is working on RPI3. We've just updated information on our site.
hbbst

Post by hbbst »

Hi Aka,

maybe it's my fault, but I don't find wifi settings in RPi3. Does it work? When I enter setup I don't see any settings for network and I see only MAC address of LAN.
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Post by aka »

When WTware terminal boots from hard disk or USB flash press Del during boot (when you see "Press Del to enter Setup"), goto terminal management menu and select item "Network Media". Change it from Ethernet to WiFi.

Post by Guest »

Been playing around with 5.4.26 on Pi3 for a while now, so far it's pretty stable, everything working fine. One thing I did notice was the perfomance on WiFi. I did expect a lower perfomance than connecting an ethernet cable, but turns out I have a better perfomance using a USB wifi adapter (such as the Encore N150 dongle) than the onboard raspberry wifi.

Maybe its because of its tiny onboard antenna, I dont know. I did test with an open wifi SSID (no encrypt) and results were the same. Its workable, but far worse than cable connection.

Anyone seeing this behavior?
J1mbo

Post by J1mbo »

It is a well documented problem with RPi3 WiFi - the kernel device power management causes the poor performance. I believe in Rasbian this is now disabled for the WiFi card by default.