Install wtware on hard disk - problem

WTware network boot ways - bootable floppy, DOS, PXE-loaders, BootROM chips.
zutasi

Install wtware on hard disk - problem

Post by zutasi »

Hello,

Now I trying the wtware. It's very good program :) but i have a little problem. I created the boot cd and it works fine, everything is ok (video, mouse, etc). The next step, I would like install to the hard drive from this cd, but not working :( .
Fisrt step I selected "Install WTware on the hard disk" - ok
2. The all data will be lost, please select y- ok
3. Configure video card and mouse, I selected the same video settings what I configured on CD.
4. The next screen: test will be performed with the settings: video, resolution, etc. press Enter
5. I received the screen with color line and step box:" test execution time,: 3.86 This value shows selected video driver operating....."
Mouse is working and thats all. I don't see any resume button or anything. The setup not continue. I tried the different network card and the same result. :(

thanks,
Zoltan
aka
SUPPORT
SUPPORT

Re: Install wtware on hard disk - problem

Post by aka »

WTware video driver wizard starts when it failes to find config file for this terminal.

While booting from hard drive, config file may be stored on the hard drive or downloaded from tftp server. To change this mode and to edit config file, press DEL and enter Setup.

By the way, storing config files on the server usually is more userfull. WTware installs its own tftp server. Try to run Start - Programs - Wtware - Event viewer, reboot terminal and look in the "TFTP log" to see, where terminal is looking for files.